A Player’s Basic Guide to Baccarat [Infographics]
Known as a centuries-old card game for aristocrats in Italy, Baccarat is now a famous online casino game anybody can play. A minimum of 1 player and a maximum of 14 players are allowed for this game.
- ACES are worth ONE (1) POINT.
- 10s and FACE CARDS (King, Queen and Jack) are worth ZERO points.
- The cards from 2 to 9 are worth their face value in points.
- JOKERS are set aside and not used.
SOME IMPORTANT TERMS
- Banker / Banco – deals the cards from the shoe.
- Dealer – controls the shuffling, betting, and winnings and maintains the observance of rules.
HOW TO PLAY
The goal in playing Baccarat is to reach a point total of 9 in your hand.
- Step 1: Place your bets. Two hands are dealt first before the cards are distributed. A player may bet either on the Banker’s Hand or the Player’s Hand or a tie.
- Step 2: Two cards are distributed. The dealer hands out two cards to the Player hand first and then to Banker hand.
- Step 3: Give notice of the total values. Turn the cards face up. Sum up and announce the card values.
- Step 4: Watch out for a natural win. Declare the winner if either the Banker or the Player got 8 or 9 total points.
- Step 5: Know if there’s a need for the third-card rule. If the Player gets 0-5 points, a third card is to be assigned.
- Step 6: Understand the third-card rule for the Banker.
If the player does not draw a third card, the banker also does not. The third card is only dealt when:
- He has a 0-3 and stands with a 4-7, and the Player’s third card is 9, 10, face-card or Ace
- He has a 0-2 and stands with a 3-7, and Player’s third card is 8
- He has a 0-6 and stands with a 7, and the Player’s third card is 6 or 7
- He has a 0-5 and stands with a 6-7, and the Player’s third card is 4 or 5
- He has a 0-4 and stands with a 5-7, and the Player’s third card is 2 or 3.
- Step 7: Determine the winner. If somebody already gets a total of 8 or 9 points, he/she is the winner, and the game is over.